the blog I never wanted

Monday, October 24, 2005

letters

I'm changing this post a bit so it is less abstract and confusing...
It was inspired after a phone call at work. We deal with a lot of letters and one day a girl read me the letters egv over the phone and they all sounded like 'e'. It made me wonder what letters sound like other letters...This is how I broke them down. This is probably something they teach in elementary school english class but I'm just enjoying it now... See what you think.

Original Post:
This post was inspired after a phone call today at work... We deal with a lot of letters for various things and since I have time at work, I explored this thought.

A: a j k
E: b c d e g p t v z
I: i y
f s x
m n
U: q u w
all alone: h l o r

Comments, corrections?

2 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, October 27, 2005, Blogger Jon said…

    its interesting that the last sound of the letter is what makes it sound like another letter. and thats also how we rhyme words.

    the only one in your list that doesnt seem like it would be mistaken is W. because when you say it 'double u' theres a whole word getting said first.

    letters are such interesting things.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, November 23, 2005, Blogger something about an ocean said…

    It's so cool that you can appreciate such a simple but beautiful thing. its elementary but its so profound. even just the fact that you appreciated then is a amazing phenominon in itself. Keep looking into the simple to find the profound. I'll be there doing it too.... Language is an amazing phenom. as well. Have you heard of ....I forget his name but He Said that our thoughts are what we say and what we say is our thoughts. There is no thinking without thought word. Language is how we think. He related that too our physical grey matter. our brains. So cooo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home