the blog I never wanted

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Peanut, Peanut Butter, Jelly!

Ok, this is really just about Peanut Butter... I was having a conversation with someone about peanut butter in ice cream and all of the sudden a light bulb came on...
I said, "peanut butter works with everything!"
The reason I decided this was because I have had peanut butter on some pretty random things before, and it tasted good. I have had it on a hamburger at Jungle Jim's http://www.jungle-jims.com/ and on a sandwich of pickles and mayo that I ate during track and cross country season. (I don't think it helps runners any more than other food, I think I ate them then cuz a fellow runner introduced me to it.)
So, I was thinking peanut butter goes with everything... I have now realized it may not be great with everything, but it can't be that bad. Either way, I have decided I will try it on the various food below... And, if you are brave, I will prepare one of these for any of you as well... ;)

Things I will try with peanut butter
an omelet
a hot dog
spaghetti
I'm sure there was more to this list... Please comment and add to it!

10 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, January 12, 2006, Blogger annette said…

    there's a restaurant in mall of america that has gormet peanut butter sandwiches; there are flavors like sun dried tomato peanut butter...all sorts of wacky creations! so i think your theory just might be right!:)

     
  • At 6:31 AM, January 13, 2006, Blogger Jon said…

    In my family we like peanut butter & crackers with really hot salsa on top. mmmmm peanut butter and salsa yuuummy.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, January 13, 2006, Blogger Sarah said…

    Annette, Thanks for telling me about that place! I found the website, ya'll should check out this menu... http://www.pbloco.com/menu.asp
    They sell the peanut butter flavors at Super Target, but the nearest cafe is in Arizona! This is very exciting... Jon, thanks for your comment too, I'm going to try that soon.
    Keep'em coming...

     
  • At 5:30 PM, January 13, 2006, Blogger annette said…

    did you see the peanut butter cookbook and diet book on the site?!?! and all the yummy flavors!!! i'm thinking of ordering the sun ripened apricot, 'licious!

     
  • At 8:50 PM, January 13, 2006, Blogger Sarah said…

    Oh My! Annette, I know, that Peanut Butter Cookbook makes me so curious... I'm going to look in the local book store to see if they have a copy. I just gotta know what things they have in there. They probably have a peanut butter omelet and peanut butter over pasta recipe...Maybe even appetizers like peanut butter and salsa on crackers... Who knows! The possibilities are endless. Ah, I'm gonna get my hands on that book soon.
    Anyway, Let me know how you like that flavor you get!

     
  • At 10:12 AM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Becky said…

    This entry disgusts me.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Sarah said…

    Becky,
    I was going to warn you! I know you don't like Peanut Butter, and I'm sorry... Anyway, I wish you did.

     
  • At 8:35 PM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Zach Boehm said…

    The thing about eating peanut butter with different foods is that

     
  • At 9:33 AM, January 17, 2006, Blogger Sarah said…

    What Zach? That words can't express how great it is...
    I understand...thanks for the comment.

     
  • At 12:48 PM, January 22, 2006, Blogger annette said…

    sarah, i was at supertarget yesterday and they carry two flavors of the pb loco peanut butter, the banana one and the chocolate raspberry one; i was tempted to buy the banana one but it will have to wait till next time. just thought i'd pass that on:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home